Your partner has finally asked you that all important question and everyone is excited . And then you suddenly realize you have to plan a whole wedding . All the preparation and the details suddenly become so overwhelming because you don’t just want a very nice wedding , you want your dream wedding. How are you going to do it?
Well let me calm you down a little and give you some tips to follow:
- One of the first things you need to think of is choosing a date . Factor in everything from your family and friends availability, public holidays, venue possibilities, weather and what you expect your dream day to be .
- Get yourself a wedding planner. Typically it’s your best friend . You want someone that you feel comfortable with and trust. Keep in mind that it doesn’t matter how much experience the wedding planner has, it’s their passion for your wedding and their attention to detail that counts most. After all, you tell them what to do anyway, so that you can relax and enjoy your engagement.
- Book the right venue for your wedding . Keep in mind that good venues can be all booked up a year ahead , so ensure that you do this in good time . There are also numerous factors that you must keep in mind for choosing a venue, but I’ll address this in another article.
- Find a Wedding Dress or dress maker. You want to get your wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses finalised long before your wedding date, because you’ll need to plan for fittings and accessories. The same goes for the groom and the groomsmen’s suits and accessories.
- Think about and decide on your wedding theme . What is the theme of your wedding and the colour scheme?
- Book your DJ, Photographer, Videographer, Caterer, Wedding and Florist. Make sure that each of them knows their tasks, venue and times of the wedding.
- You will need some wedding invitations and stationeries . Then send them out about 2 months before your wedding day. Don’t forget that when you set your date, you need to send everyone a save-the-date email or letter.
- Confirm your Guest List. Prepare the wedding favors, confirm the numbers with your caterer and venue.
- Before the wedding day meet with all your wedding suppliers and give them a schedule and checklist to ensure that everyone is in sync . Throughout the entire process, your wedding planner will ensure that all this is done. Your wedding planner should double as your budget planner to make sure everyone gets paid and you stay within your set budget .
Then finally all the preparations and planning come together as a whole on the wedding day. Leave it all in the hands of your wedding planner. Get yourself and your bridesmaids ready and prepare for your flawless dream wedding.